Monday, March 28, 2011

I Like 'Em Fictional

Remember this drawing? "What can I say? I've got a thing for fictional men." Well, I decided to make a list of all the fictional men I've fallen in love with over the years, be them book, movie, webcomic, or manga characters.

1. Zombie/...
From Tessa's webcomic Hanna is Not a Boy's Name. He's a zombie (literally) and can't seem to remember anything from his life, including his name (people just refer to him as Zombie or Dot). He has green skin, glowing eyes, and is a paranormal detective partner to Hanna. He's one of those guys who's just really sad and mysterious and on the rare occasions that he smiles your hearts gives an extra, heavy thump.

2. Zuko
From the anime show Avatar: The Last Airbender. He's a firebender who's the main villain in the first two seasons since all he wants to do is capture the Avatar. Once in a while he does something good and then he finally realizes that his duty is to help the Avatar, not capture him. His character is so conflicted.

3. Yami/Atem
From the anime show Yu-Gi-Oh!. Like Zombie from above Yami can't remember his name or his past. Soon he comes to learn that he is an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh forced inside a millenium puzzle and residing inside the soul of a fifteen-year-old kid. In the last season of the show he find out his name is really Atem. He is the King of Games (including card games, which in Japan, you do). If you've ever watched the show and listened to his voice, no further explanation is needed.

I could go on with the list, but these are my top three!

2 comments:

Heidi Rose said...

I heartily agree with numbers 2 and 3. I could make a list like this for myself.
Most excellent post.

Heidi Rose said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.